Monday, June 20, 2005

Manual Transmission...Manual Labor

Today I started my new job. I'll be managing the renovation of my grandmother's house over the next couple of months. I jumped right into some tree trimming today. I'd much rather be inside painting or refinishing floors. Unfortunately, the next couple of weeks will be on the manual labor side of things, but in the mean time I am learning to drive a standard transmission. My grandpa is loaning me his old truck this summer, and I have never driven a stick. I had a few bad experiences with it today, but for the most part I love it!!! At the end of this I hope to be a few pounds lighter, a bit darker, and actually able to take my cousin's '66 Mustang Fastback out for a joy ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...oh yeah and I wanna learn to drive a standard too. My offer is on the table.